We rely on more than just your Race registration fee to make a difference in the lives of those living with breast cancer in Maryland and to fund global research into the cures. Fundraising is a vital component in helping us make an impact. Our goal is to raise $1.3 million to support vital breast health services such as screening, diagnostic and treatment services; survivor support; and critical breast cancer research. We encourage all participants to raise $100 or more. Every dollar raised helps save lives.To learn more about you dollars at work, click here.
Endless Summer Fundraising Contest, August 8-15
The beach, the pool, cookouts, O’s games…there are still a few more weeks left of glorious summer fun. The Race for the Cure in Hunt Valley is right on the heels of summer, so NOW is the time to register and FUNDRAISE. How do you get started? Send emails to your friends and family from your HQ center on the Race website. To reward your efforts, we have some great prizes to keep your summer going right into the fall.
- The Race participant who sends the most emails from their Race HQ page will receive 2 Orioles tickets to the September 2 Orioles versus Yankees game, including a parking pass!
- The Race participant who gets the highest number of donations will win a two night stay at the Spinnaker Motel in Ocean City September 18 through October 6 and a $30 gift card to Shenanigan’s Irish Pub and Grille.
- The Race participant who raises the most funds gets a 2-night stay at the Holiday Inn in Ocean City from now until March 30, 2017 and a $50 gift card to Phillips Restaurant.
- The first 75 participants to raise $50 will receive a Komen-branded beach tote.
- The first 25 participants to raise $100 will receive a Komen-branded beach towel.
For more information about the Endless Summer fundraising contest, contact us at info@komenmd,org or call 410-938-8990.
To make your fundraising efforts a bit more fun, we are putting together a great list of prizes you can earn along with way. For more information, click here.
Pink Honor Roll
You can make this year’s Pink Honor Roll by being one of the top 25 fundraisers. We recognize Pink Honor Roll members throughout the year with various events. Your name will be listed on the Race site, plus you’ll receive one free registration to the 2017 Komen Maryland Ocean City Race for the Cure.
Top Fundraising Prizes
Top Fundraiser – Individual (most funds raised by Race day): We’re thinking up something great!
Top Teams – Number of Participants (Deadline: Monday, October 10, 2016): Will receive a banner to carry on Race day.
Top Teams – Most Funds Raised (Deadline: Monday, November 21 2016): Will be recognized at the Komen Maryland Recognition Event with a plaque for their incredible combined efforts.
Top Kids for the Cure® Most Funds Raised (Deadline: Monday, November 21, 2016): Will receive a Kids for the Cure prize pack.
Ways to Fundraise
- Once registered, log on to the website and access your
participant center to send emails to friends and family.
- Use your social networks to recruit friends
The Race for the Cure is more than just an event, it is a chance for the community to come together and fight breast cancer as a united front. #together